Thursday, January 22, 2015

Deep thoughts were thunk

I don't often take the time to paint the covers of my journals, but every now and then, particularly at the dawn of the new year when one is inclined to feel compelled to put forth maximum effort... Here's my current sketchbook, almost used up, practically ready to be put to bed. So it's safe to put a cover on it now that there's such a short time left to be battered around in my bag. The journals I like best are from The Handbook Journal Co. I use the 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" size. I love the cloth covers and the paper quality. The only complaint I have about these is that over the years, the elastic band that holds the book closed tends to disintegrate.

Deep thoughts. Another art journal, cover inspired by condiments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"or not". Always that sweet bit of humor. xox

jen storer said...

Ha! Love it. ;-)

Christa said...

Great cover- love food art!!

Stephanie K. Birdsong said...

Thanks, Corrine, Jen & Christa. This was fun. I'm going to try to do them more often.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...